Oyo
Sometimes I forget that I don't live forever. I think subconsciously I actually believed I just might be the first exception...of course intellectually I know this isn't the case.
Tonight on my way home from work I thought about my cousin Oyo... He past away in 2004 from a medical malpractice...but I think a life of hardship and burden was really the cause... He was just 23, and had just graduated college...His birthday 2008.08.08, would have made him 27 years old...I wonder what kinds of dreams he had that he never got to pursue... Did he have a girlfriend? Was he in love? We lived on opposite ends of the planet, but I wished I had kept in better touch...
It's three am, couldn't sleep. I'm up and writing my first chapter because I've been putting it off for eight years...maybe longer...maybe ten years...taking my time and my life for granted, staying miserable because I was afraid.
Tonight on my way home from work I thought about my cousin Oyo... He past away in 2004 from a medical malpractice...but I think a life of hardship and burden was really the cause... He was just 23, and had just graduated college...His birthday 2008.08.08, would have made him 27 years old...I wonder what kinds of dreams he had that he never got to pursue... Did he have a girlfriend? Was he in love? We lived on opposite ends of the planet, but I wished I had kept in better touch...
It's three am, couldn't sleep. I'm up and writing my first chapter because I've been putting it off for eight years...maybe longer...maybe ten years...taking my time and my life for granted, staying miserable because I was afraid.
2 Comments:
I've had a novel idea in my head since like the mid-90s. Finally wrote like half a chapter's worth last year, but that was it. :P
wakatta ne. Ano ne, I remember that one of his dreams was to go to Japan. I've been thinking that he might really like it if we go. He also liked comic books and collecting robots. I know that he would have wanted us to live.
Post a Comment
<< Home